Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sippy Cups

Hence the title of this blog, I figured talking about sippy cups first, would be the way to go.

I wish when I first started purchasing sippy cups for Nick someone told me which ones were the best, and which ones were a COMPLETE waste of my time and money. So, here is a review on some of the ones we have tried.

Feel free to post your reviews, as well, in the comment section.

Philips Avent BPA Free

I have mixed feelings on this cup. I have to say, I have used it the longest, but sometimes I question to myself why. I will come back to my final answer later. The things I like about it are that it has handles. This is a huge plus for most children who are just learning to go from their parents holding their bottle, to using a cup.

It comes in some very pleasant colors for both boys and girls. The thing that confuses me though is, unless you have a boy and a girl set of twins...why do they mix blue and pink?! I can rarely find a pack of just boy colors! As long as you aren't worried about other moms gaydar...I think you will be fine. My friend Stef tends to agree with me on this one.

The "sippability" of this cup is pretty good. I have had many a leak in this cup, but not nearly as many as with other cups. The valve helps prevent leaks and the spout makes sucking easy for baby.
Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars


Gerber Sip and Smile

I have to say, I didn't expect much from this cup...but I still haven't found anything wrong with it. It really is my go to cup. There aren't that many pieces, which make it very nice for cleaning and finding! Nick loves it, and I haven't had any spills.

This sippy comes in different sizes, and has built in handles, unlike the avent, which I like. The thing I also like about this cup is the fact that when Nick pushes down on the spout, no milk comes out..you actually have to suck.

I especially like the insulated ones.

All in all: I am going to give this one 4.5 stars. I need a little more of something for 5

The infamous name cup

You know you all have one, it catches you on your way out of babies r us. Not that you really need it, but hey, why not.

At first, Nick refused to drink out of it. I have no idea why. Now he loves poking at the design and looking at it. Occasionally he will actually drink from it. Just like the sip and smile, it doesn't have many pieces, doesn't leak, and is great for tiny hands.

The cons: Well: have you seen the size of it? You can't really fit much liquid in it. So if you don't need it for traveling and just keep it around the house (although who would see it then) It's a great buy.

4 out of 5

Nuby Soft Spout

This thing was my life saver, at first. I couldn't get Nick to use a sippy, and then bought this. He loved it! It was easy for him to hold, a very soft, squishy spout, and he didn't need to suck much to get anything out. Hm, kind of like a bottle. Well, almost too much like a bottle. You pretty much just have to turn the cup over for the liquid to stream out.

The opening has also ripped on both of ours, so now the liquid comes out even faster. I would recommend this cup for little bitty ones...not so much for the toddlers, they will play with it more than they drink from it

2.5 out of 5

Gerber Graduates

Just another typical sippy...I can't complain, it does what it is supposed to do with minimal problems

4 out of 5.

Nuby Spill free flip it straw cup

Your kids either a straw drinker or not...mine was, now he's not. It's like how he forgets to use it. But if yours does like straws...this is probably the way to go. Although, the pieces kill me! And my husband. He hates putting it back together, and I hate cleaning it. It's a pain, but doesn't leak, and is easy for transport.

3.5 out of 5

So, there you have it...hopefully I have helped you decide what to buy on your next trip to babies r us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and take the time to read to each one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails