Monday, June 3, 2013

Summer Time Kids Activities: Baked Cotton Balls

We all know how long the days can be when all the children are home -- for the whole summer.  We all know it can be great fun filled with tons of beach and park days, ice pops, pools, and tired boys and girls at the end of the day; but we could also use a little advice.  What else do we do with them?

I have two boys four and two.  So, for the most part I am home with them everyday, all day.  My older one is in school two mornings a week which does switch things up a little.  Last summer was our first summer in our new house, but also our first summer away from our old beach house.  We had some adjusting to do.  We did manage to keep our days busy with the help of some of these summer crafts and activities.  I hope to update these activities regularly, I sure will be needing some new ones myself!

Here was one of my favorites:


Baked Cotton Balls




This was so simple and fun.

All you need are cotton balls, 1 cup of water, 1 cup of flour, and food coloring

1. Mix the flour and water.
2. Pour the mixture into separate bowls.  I used muffin tins and it worked well.
3. Make the individual bowls different colors.
4. Let the kids dunk the cotton balls in the colors and make a "cake" once all dipped.  Put them on a greased surface in any shape or design you want.  You can do letters, make a car pattern.
5. Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.

You want to make sure the balls are dipped very well, don't leave any white spots! You want them nice and moist!  Afterwards you can even let your kids go to town with a hammer, or just sit back and admire.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and take the time to read to each one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails